The policy and arrangements for admission to the school are set out in the Local Authority's school admissions booklet 'Starting School in Tower Hamlets', which can be accessed on the Tower Hamlets website.
A paper copy can be obtained from the Local Authority's Pupil Admissions Team on 020 7364 5006.
If your child was born between 1 September 2018 and 31 August 2019 and you would like a nursery place for September 2022, you must apply online via the eadmissions portal. The closing date is 16 February 2022.
Pupils usually start primary school in the September following their fourth birthday. If your child was born between 1 September 2017 and 31 August 2018 this will be from September 2022. You must make an online application for a Reception place, even if your child is already attending the school's nursery.
You must apply via the e-admissions portal.
Closing date for making applications is 15 January 2022.
Priorities for admission after 5 years of age:
- Children Looked After by the local authority, including adopted children who were previously looked after and children who leave care under a special guardianship or residence order.
- Children for whom it is deemed there is strong medical or social reason to attend the school applied to.
- Children living within the catchment area of the school who have a sibling attending the school (including the school of a separate infants and junior schools) and who will continue to do so on the date of admission.
- Children whose parent is a member of staff who has been employed at the school concerned for two or more years at the time of application and/or children of a member of staff who has been recruited to fill a vacancy for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
- Children who live within the catchment area of the school and for whom the school applied for is their nearest community school within the catchment area.
- Other children from within the catchment area of the school.
- Children living outside of the catchment area with a sibling at the school.
- Children living outside of the catchment area of the school.
If you are unsuccessful in your bid for a place in the Reception or older classes, you have the right to appeal. Appeal forms are available from the school office.
During the Autumn Term, parents of children in their final year at Cyril Jackson will receive information about transferring to a secondary school the following September. A parents/carers session is also arranged for the end of Year 5 to explain necessary procedures.