It is very important that your child arrives at school on time, school day starts at 8.50am in the North Building and 9.00 in the South; however the school bell will ring five minutes before school day starts and children are expected to be in the school playground by this time.
- North Building Bell 8:45am school day start 8:50am
- South Building Bell 8:55am school day start 9:00am
Absence from school can only usually be justified when your child is ill. Family holidays, outings and, where possible, medical and dental appointments must be arranged out of school time. In order to maintain safety for all pupils, the side gates are locked after 9:05 am. Please use the main gate after this time.
If, for any reason, your child is late or absent, a message or letter must be given to the school office explaining the reason for the absence/lateness. If you know your child will be absent, a telephone call before 9:00 am will prevent the automated ‘first day’ call-in system from being activated.
Lateness and absence are monitored by the Home School Liaison Officers and the Local Authority, in addition to the Headteacher.
Children should be collected at 3:20 pm in the North Building (Years 1, 2, 3, 4 and Elm class) and from South Building at 3:30pm (Nursery, Reception, and Years 5 and 6). If your normal collection arrangements fail, please telephone to let us know before the end of school.
Holidays during term time
Although the law gives parents/carers permission to request 10 days’ leave during term time in any one school year, the Local Authority and the Governors of Cyril Jackson School have agreed a policy whereby any such requests will be turned down.
Children who miss school for this reason, will be marked with an unauthorised absence. If children have not returned after a further 10 days, their names will be removed from the school register. Parents/carers must be aware that, with full classes in most year groups, it is unlikely that your child will get their place back at Cyril Jackson.
Please remember that, like you, the school wants the very best for your child. If you have any concerns, however trivial, please come and talk to us as soon as possible. We have translators/interpreters available during the school day.
- About the School
- Academy Consultation 2019
- Academy Consultation 2020
- Admission and Transfer Procedure
- After School Club
- Attendance and Punctuality
- Breakfast Club
- Calculation Guides
- Child Health
- Child Protection
- Children with Special Education Needs
- Curriculum Overview
- Data Protection (GDPR) and Freedom of Information
- Dealing with grief during lockdown
- End of Year Expectations
- Equality Compliance Information
- Exceptional Facilities
- Home-School Partnership
- How you can help the school
- If Your Child Has Coronavirus Symptoms
- Inclusion for Disabled Pupils
- Ofsted Report
- Parent Teacher Association
- Parent Workshops
- Prospective Parents Virtual Tour
- Pupil Premium
- Remote Education
- Returning to School in September 2020
- School Goals
- School Meals and Healthy Eating
- School Uniform
- Sports Premium Funding
- Supporting Children Returning to School
- Transferring to Secondary School
- Useful Information
- Useful Leaflets
- Vision and Values
- Visiting our School
- Who's Who at CJ